In this tutorial, we will specifically explore how to add a paragraph using the style options from the toolbar. First, be sure you’re using the visual editor by following these steps:
1. Open WordPress and navigate to the post or page where you want to add a paragraph.
2. Locate the text editor at the center of the screen. At the top right of the text editor, you will see two tabs labeled “visual” and “text”. Click on the tab labeled “visual” to switch to the visual editor.
Now that you have switched to the visual editor, you can use the style options to add a paragraph. Follow these steps:
1. Look for the toolbar at the top of the text editor. The styling options drop-down menu can be found in the first row of the toolbar. It looks like a button with a downward-facing arrow.
2. To create a paragraph, you need to first highlight the text you would like to format as a paragraph. Click and drag your cursor over the text to select it.
3. Once the text is highlighted, click on the styling options drop-down menu in the toolbar.
4. A list of style options will appear in the drop-down menu. Look for the option labeled “paragraph” and click on it. This will apply the paragraph style to the selected text.
5. You will notice the selected text now appears as a paragraph with proper spacing and indentation.
After you have added the paragraph using the style options, you may want to preview or publish the content. Follow these steps:
1. Locate the publishing module on the right-hand side of the screen. This module contains options for previewing and publishing your content.
2. If you want to preview the page before publishing, click on the “preview” button. This will open a preview of your page in a new tab or window.
3. If you are satisfied with the preview and want to go live with the content, click on the “publish” button. This will publish the page, making it accessible on your website.
That’s it! You have successfully added a paragraph using the style options in WordPress. Remember to use the visual editor and the styling options drop-down menu to format your text as needed for a professional-looking website.