To create a new post or page in WordPress, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard. This is usually accessed by adding “/wp-admin” to the end of your website URL (e.g., www.yourwebsite.com/wp-admin).
2. Once logged in, you will be on the WordPress dashboard. In the sidebar, you will see options such as “Posts,” “Media,” “Pages,” etc. Locate and click on either “Posts” or “Pages,” depending on whether you want to create a new blog post or a static page.
3. After clicking on either “Posts” or “Pages,” you will be taken to a screen displaying all the existing posts or pages on your website. To create a new one, click on the “Add New” button located at the top of the screen.
4. Now, you will be redirected to the Gutenberg editor. This editor is the default content editor in WordPress with blocks. If you’re unfamiliar with the Gutenberg editor, you can watch an overview video to familiarize yourself with it.
5. To start creating your post or page, the first thing you need to do is add a title. The title block is required and cannot be removed.
6. Once you have added the title, you can begin adding your content to the default block that’s already created. This default block allows you to add text, images, and other elements.
7. If you prefer using the classic content editor from previous versions of WordPress, you can change the block type to “Classic.” Simply click on the block options button (three vertical dots), and then select “Classic” from the drop-down menu.
8. In case you’ve already added content and decide later that you want to switch to using blocks, you can do so easily. Click on the options button for the block and select “Convert to Blocks.” This will automatically convert any images, text, or other content into their respective block types.
9. Once you are satisfied with your content, you can preview what your post or page will look like to your visitors. Click on the “Preview” button located in the top right corner. This will open your post or page in a new tab, allowing you to see the final result.
10. If you need to make further changes but want to save your progress, make sure to save your document as a draft. You can do this by clicking on the “Save Draft” button on the right side of the screen. This will ensure that your work is saved, and you can continue editing later.
11. Finally, when you are ready for your post or page to go live and be visible to your audience, click on the “Publish” button. Your post or page will then be officially published on your website.
That’s it! You have successfully created a new post or page using WordPress. You can repeat these steps whenever you need to add more content to your website.